Sunday, October 12, 2008

Corned Beef Sinigang

Sinigang is a family favorite and while I've made sinigang countless times, I've never made it from scratch, thanks to the trusty sinigang mix. I bought a couple of packs during my last trip to the grocery in Richmond that sells Filipino stuff.

A couple of nights ago, I made sinigang and decided to add corned beef. I bought a brand that is different (in other words, not good) from the Purefoods Corned Beef that we're used to eating so no one wanted to eat it. I didn't want to throw it away so I stored it in the freezer while I thought of a recipe I could use it for. Then I remembered the Corned Beef Sinigang I tried once at Sentro in Greenbelt. The dish was a success. But I'm not buying that brand of corned beef ever.

PS: I also added left-over cubed spam.

No comments: