Saturday, April 02, 2011

Ginger Vinaigrette

I don't eat a lot of salads so I shouldn't buy any bottled dressing as I end up throwing it away as it usually sits in our fridge for months. I don't know how this vinaigrette from David Tanis tastes though, but I'm intrigued as I've never had ginger vinaigrette before. It's worth a try the next time I feel the urge to have salad. Maybe this coming summer?

1 shallot,finely diced
1 garlic clove, smashed to a paste with a little salt
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
Salt and pepper
2 teaspoons finely diced or grated peeled ginger
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup grapeseed or other mild vegetable oil
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Juice of 1/2 lime

Combine the shallot and garlic in a small bowl with the vinegar. Add a little salt and pepper and let sit for about 5 minutes, then whisk in all the remaining ingredients. Makes about 1/2 cup.

No comments: