Friday, January 23, 2009

Baked Tilapia Bruschetta a la Manding

Last week, we were suppose to have Sole with Pimiento Sauce for dinner, but as I was cooking the sauce, something didn't smell right. (It must have been the mushrooms I bought a few days before.) I was unsure about having it for dinner, so before I could add the fish, I decided to throw away the sauce. I had to quickly think of another fish recipe because it was almost dinner time and I still didn't have any food ready. The tilapia package featured a recipe called Tilapia Bruschetta. I didn't follow the recipe since I didn't have all the ingredients available, so I made my own version using leftover sun-dried tomato pesto (which my husband prefers to the oily basil pesto).

Preheat oven to 350. Lay about 5-6 tilapia fillets on a lightly greased baking pan. Brush tops with sun-dried tomato pesto. Pour frozen vegetable mixture around the fish being careful not to cover the fillets completely. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until fillets flake easily with fork.

No comments: