Saturday, November 24, 2012

Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower with Lemon and Garlic

I had a bag of frozen mixed broccoli and cauliflower which I used to make this recipe. I steamed the vegetables for a few minutes before roasting it and since I didn't have lemons, I used frozen lemon zest. I also added some cheese before serving the dish.

Broccoli, cauliflower, and lemons are all rich in vitamin C, and garlic adds antioxidants.


  • 1 head broccoli (about 1 pound), broken into 1-inch florets, stalks peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1 large head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), broken into florets
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 2 lemons, thinly sliced
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper

Preheat oven to 475 degrees (or lower?). On two rimmed baking sheets, toss broccoli and cauliflower with oil, garlic, and lemons; season with salt and pepper. Roast until vegetables are browned and tender, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating sheets from top to bottom and tossing vegetables once halfway through.

No comments: