Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Whole Lot of Cook Books

I have 6 cookbooks on my kitchen table that I will have to go over in the next 3 weeks. I requested for them from the library in the past weeks, but did not expect that they will become available at the same time! What I usually do is go over the book and make a list of recipes I'd like to try. When they pass muster with my family, they go into this blog for future meals.
The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook: 101 Asian Recipes Simple Enough for Tonight's Dinner - I've tried several recipes from this cookbook and so far they've all been good. I still have a few recipes on my list to try.

The Essential New York Times Cookbook - This huge book has so many recipes. I've tried one so far. I don't know if I will even have time to browse through all the recipes!

Canadian Living Vegetarian Collection - Cooking vegetables has always been a challenge for me. Unfortunately, I haven't found a lot of good vegetarian cookbooks. I am hoping that this one will be different. So far, I've read some positive reviews about the book.

Perfect One-Dish Dinners - Who doesn't like preparing one-dish dinners? It saves me from thinking about what vegetable dish to prepare (which I usually leave out!). The book has mixed reviews. We'll see.

5 Ingredient Fix - The cookbook is based on a TV show which I haven't watched, but I'm attracted to recipes that don't have a lot ingredients. My sister had a cookbook before that used only 3 ingredients.

Every Can Cook Slow-Cooker Meals - My husband came home with a slow-cooker a couple of months ago and I've used it twice. I wasn't too thrilled with the 2 recipes I've tried, but this cook book looks promising. I'm not too sure if I will use the slow-cooker on a week-day while we're out, but I wouldn't mind using it on week-ends.


No comments: