Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tofu Puffs Stir Fry

I had some leftover mini puffs so I searched for a stir-fry recipe that made use of it and found this. I tweaked the recipe a bit by not slicing the tofu puffs since I was using mini puffs. I did not have time to slice onions, so I used a stir-fry mix that included onion powder and garlic powder, among others. I also used mixed frozen vegetables. The tofu puffs are a nice change of texture from the usual extra-firm tofu.

1 pkg tofu Puffs (140g)
1 lb soybean sprouts, drained
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 cup onion
1/2 cup celery
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp cooking wine
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp vegetable or sesame oil

Slice tofu puffs and vegetables in thin, shredded julienne strips. Heat oil until it becomes very hot in a wok or in a pan. Stir-fry onion and bean sprouts until softened. Dissolve salt and sugar with soy sauce and wine. Add remaining ingredients to the wok. Stir-fry with soy sauce mixture until softened. Serve with steamed rice. Makes 4 servings. 




No comments: