Friday, February 05, 2010

Cookbook Heaven

I am looking forward to making the menu for next week as I borrowed the following cookbooks:


The Best of Chef at Home by Michael Smith - I have tried some of his recipes from his previous cookbook and look forward to trying some new ones. He believes that recipes are not meant to be followed to the letter but are to be used as a guide or template into making it your own.

Real Simple's Easy, Delicious Meals - Real Simple magazine has gathered some of their best recipes for this second volume.

Jamie's Food Revolution - I have tried only one of his recipes before and this cook book is suppose to have simple recipes to encourage people who haven't cooked at all to try their hand at cooking.

Deborah Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone - I've heard about Deborah Madison for several years but never got around to borrowing her cookbook until now. I was a vegetarian for a while, but that was when someone else was doing the cooking for me. When I started cooking, I realized that vegetable dishes took more time to prepare than meat dishes, so that ended my vegetarianism. I am hoping that this cookbook and the next one will turn me into a vegetarian again.

Mollie Katzen's Vegetable Dishes I Can't Live Without - Mollie Katzen, I just discovered recently, was a member of the Moosewood collective that published several cookbooks that I have enjoyed. What attracted me to this cookbook is the illustration and hand-lettered recipes. I am hoping the recipes are just as good.

No comments: