Friday, December 05, 2008

Various Lunches











I usually pack my lunch - peanut butter and jelly sandwich, leftovers like chili or eggplant curry. But on days when I don't feel like eating indoors, I try to explore cheap eats around downtown.

One of my frequent lunch venues is Tim Horton's. There was one time when I'd eat there almost every day and I would try their different soups of the day - cream of mushroom, vegetable, beef etc. But my favorite, especially when it rains, is a bowl of chili with brown bread.

A few weeks ago, I tried the pork rib soup at this Korean restaurant across from my bus stop. It was not as spicy as I imagined it and it came with three side dishes - kimchi, radish and potatoes.

I love Indian food but I don't want to invest in all those exotic ingredients, so whenever we go out to eat, I invariably end up ordering an Indian dish. Some of my favorites are samosas and anything with chickpeas.

Most recently, I tried a good slice of spinach and feta pizza in our downtown area.

No comments: